I’m a public relations and social media consultant with five years experience promoting small businesses, comedians, musicians and visual artists. I’ll strategize to reach your goals via web content, press releases, social media and events.
- Ten years experience as a newspaper reporter
- Five years writing sketch comedy as a student with the Upright Citizens Brigade, New York
- Ten years working closely with owners in independent coffee shops
Strategy, promotion, events
- I connected New York comedians with live guest-hosting gigs at Sunshine Cinema’s midnight movies. The comics filmed trailers to screen before the movies, and to share on social media. Five troupes promoted Sunshine Cinema to thousands of comedy fans. The theater promoted the troupes, and gave the comedians fresh audiences of up to 200 a night.
- Originated a street busk during Manhattanhenge for a singer-songwriter with flyers, filming for social media, and a meet-up for fans.
- Drew audience to a New York comedy show by raffling VIP tickets to a Zach Weiner book release promoted by Breadpig, Reddit’s philanthropic cousin. The author Tweeted the show to 80,000+ followers, and Reddit Tweeted to 200,000+.
- Hosted a beer tasting to cross-promote comic artists, Brooklyn Brewery, and a local beer store. Promoted to thousands via social media, flyers, local comic shops and blogs.
- Huffington Post and Greenpointers coverage for a client’s web series
- Brokelyn weekend roundup featured comics and beer event
I moved to New York from South Carolina seven years ago to study comedy at UCB. In the process, I fell in love with strategy and promotion. There’s as much hard work, hustle and artistry in getting the message out as there is in creating it.
Tell me your goals, and let’s make a plan. For references, rates or coffee, write SaraHarveyNYC@gmail.com.
“We had divided the whole world into two categories: there was flyers, and there was the gig.” – Mike Watt, Minutemen, from Michael Azerrad’s Our Band Could Be Your Life